Thursday 16 September 2010

Small Packets of Nothing

Hole: A hole is commonly referred to as 'something' although in actual fact it is a small packet of nothing. If we were to idealise it then the comparison to a banal something is inappropriate. It is a worm hole to a different time and place. It is through the unending procession of holes which we travel every day that we proceed consistently towards the moment of our death. We are always in a hole of one sort or another. I sit in a hole in the middle of my office during the working day. I walk through a hole in the doorway to get into my hole in my office. Thus our environment is not made up of the somethings that surround us but is in actual fact defined by the gaps between the somethings that surround us.

No comments:

Post a Comment