Thursday 12 August 2010

Desolate and Empty The Sea

Madame Sosostris dealt me three cards:

1. The Yardstick, a measure by which we no longer measure ourselves. It represents the systematic lowering of standards.
2. The Anvil - A blacksmiths tool that is ungiving and unwavering in its purpose.
3. The Mirror - The allusion is so obvious that it needs no explaining.

What did it mean? Was it meant for me? Sure I detested the lowering of standards, the banal dross that is presented as television and film. Journalism that only had its eye on economy and sport. People who write meaningless blogs that add nothing to the oeuvre of humanity. People interesting because of the way they wear their hair not because of what they have done or what they say. I was sure this vile temptress was trying to insinuate something but I could not penetrate the imagery. Or maybe I didn't want to understand, maybe the message was clear yet devastating. I thought for a moment gave her a few pfennigs and told her to not come back. This town doesn't want those sort of people. The worst kind of people are the ones that make you look at yourself in an uncomfortable light, she needed to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment